Saturday, June 27, 2009

Maryanne & I are sitting in Starbucks in Vancouver. We will be boarding the Princess Sapphire in a few hours and head for Alaska. In the week we're on the ship it will cover around 2,000 miles. Then we'll visit Barry and Carol Bailey and their girls in Anchorage, the Reynolds, and finally the Jewells. That will be our second week here.

Numerous PF friends ordered me sternly to go away and enjoy our time together and not be thinking about PF. When I assured them I would do just that, they didn't believe me and told me AGAIN! They know me : ) .

I must admit I'm having a hard time letting some things go, but I know God has something huge for us in this trip. He's been saving it up for 22 years (today is our 22nd anniversary!) and I know He wants us to soak it all in.

So I love you all, and I'll bring back pics and videos of anything I see God doing up here. I'll update this if I have any internet access along the way. See you in 2 weeks!

John <>{

2 comments:

  1. We are looking forward to spending some quality time with John and Mary Ann. I say we and yet my wife will not be here as she will be in the lower 48 for a family reunion. John will not get much rest as they endeavor to visit us during their 2nd week. of travel. The cruise part tho should give them plenty of it. God bless you John and Mary Ann in your travels.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and Maryanne did arrive in Delta Junction yesterday afternoon. We talked non-stop trying to catch up on everything. This went till 7:00 pm when we met with members of our congregation. It was such a blessed time and it went too fast. After a late Halibut supper that Maryanne graciously fixed and John and I graciously ate while we continued our communicating. We all finally got tired and got some much needed sleep. Maryanne again fixed us a good morning meal of cinnimon bread french toast and moose sausage. They had to leave way to soon, but this man was truly blessed by their visit. You at PF are so blessed to have them. Pray for them as they travel and treat them with the respect they so richly deserve. God Bless you all.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete